Twice featured by Columbia Journalism Review and covered by a wide range of national press, this study traces the evolution of the Drudge Report 2002-2008, using more than 170,000 snapshots taken every 2 minutes, to uncover what makes the site "tick" and how Drudge finds the stories that will go big tomorrow. The study was the cover article of the journal issue.
Read the Full Study. (Cover Article of Issue).
Covered in several hundred blogs and independent media outlets, along with:
- Columbia Journalism Review (CJR Editors, November 10, 2009). Covers report by Greg Beato using the study's data.
- Columbia Journalism Review (Drudge Has Lost His Touch, by Ethan Porter, Sep/Oct 2009 Feature)
- Gawker: How Reuters Underwrote Andrew Breitbart's Budding Right-Wing Web Empire
- Gawker: Matt Drudge By the Numbers
- Gawker: The Drudge Report Power List
- The New York Observer
- KFWB All News Radio in Los Angeles
- IMDB (The Internet Movie Database)
- The Wrap